Switch Creative is looking for a mid-level web developer to add to the creative team. We need someone who takes joy in solving complex problems and is passionate about clean code and efficient workflows. A background in design is also a plus. You will be working closely with our team of in-house designers to create cohesive web solutions for a wide variety of client types and needs. This individual will provide web development needs for both our Dallas and OKC offices, and will need to be physically based in one of our two cities.
- We build websites using Craft, Webflow, Squarespace, and periodically WordPress, depending on project scope and needs.
- We maintain our websites for clients on an ongoing basis, and provide and support our own hosting services.
- We build websites that are responsive on a variety of platforms.
- We develop and deploy HTML emails using the current best practices.
- We deliver projects quickly and efficiently.
- We work closely with designers and project managers to understand the parameters of the project.
Traits of a Successful Candidate
- You love beautiful code!
- You enjoy small, fast-paced development groups where communication and teamwork are critical.
- You are not afraid to ask questions to guarantee that the project is done right the first time.
- You have an attention to detail and are dedicated to maintaining design integrity as envisioned by our designers and clients.
- You are willing to work in a variety of development environments, and desire to learn what you need to in order to get the job done.
- You have experience communicating with clients in “layman’s terms,” and understand the role that patient communication plays in a successful project.
- You get joy out of creating elegant solutions to problems with complex constraints and goals.
- You are not stuck in your ways, and can be flexible to accommodate client and internal timelines and budgets.
- A desire to push beyond the “basic layout” and explore ways to make our web experiences truly shine.
- Ability to build, update, edit, and maintain websites built on Craft.
Relevant experience as a web developer either in-house or at an interactive studio.
- Knowledge of HTML email and how to develop appropriately for all modern clients.
- The ability to recreate Adobe XD or Sketch documents in HTML and CSS that match the designer’s vision.
- A willingness to take ownership over the hosting services that Switch provides.
- A willingness to jump in and fix problems when things inevitably go wrong.
- A willingness to serve as primary liason and development manager between Switch and any 3rd-party developers or other specialists that we engage with for large custom sites.
Nice to Have
- A firm understanding of PHP & MySQL.
- Experience creating shopping carts (e-commerce).
- Some design background.
- Basic understanding of SEO and Analytics best practices.
- Experience building sites on the Webflow platform.
- A real opportunity to make a difference. You’ll be part of a small, powerful team.
- A stimulating environment with great people who seek genuine collaboration.
- A wide variety of clients and challenges to help you grow as a developer.
- The opportunity to grow your role over time.
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Opportunity to opt-in to Insurance Plans (Medical, Life and Dental)
- Match IRA plans, contributions toward Health Memberships
- Paid Vacation, Sick and PTO
- An introductory statement. Tell us what qualifies you for this position and give us a sense of who you are. Address the above requirements.
- An online portfolio that shows the breadth of your work and ability.
- At least two professional references from prior positions with similar responsibilities.
- A resume.
Please send these items to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thanks.
Switch is a visual design studio. We ideate, execute and deploy brands across both print and digital mediums for clients across the globe. We believe the best brands happen at the intersection of strategy and beauty, and our honed strategic process and project systems give every client a truly tailored approach to brand development.
We have offices in Dallas, TX and Oklahoma City, OK and work with a core set of strategic partners across the US. Our team is intentionally small and specialized, allowing us to deliver top-notch, focused and beautiful work while collaborating internally and with our clients throughout our process.