Switch is looking for an experienced web developer with an in-depth knowledge of Craft CMS to add to the creative team. We need someone who takes joy in solving complex problems and is passionate about clean code and efficient workflows. A background in design is also a plus. You will be working closely with our interactive developer and team of in-house designers to create cohesive web solutions for a wide variety of client types and needs. Candidates based in Dallas are preferred, but we are open and flexible to remote capabilities if you think you’d be a good fit.
Your Primary Responsibilities Would Include:
- Collaborating with our other developer to implement front-end templates and modules in new Craft builds.
- Working with Craft plugins and the occasional 3rd-party API to build intuitive content authoring solutions and administration tools for our clients.
- Performing site upgrades and general maintenance for existing projects.
- Implementing front-end designs (we like Tailwind CSS and Alpine.js) as needed.
- We build websites primarily in Craft, and occasionally in Jekyll or Webflow depending on project scope and needs.
- We maintain our websites for clients on an ongoing basis, and provide and support our own hosting services.
- We build websites that are responsive on a variety of platforms.
- We deliver projects quickly and efficiently.
- We work closely with designers and project managers to understand the parameters of the project.
Traits of a Successful Candidate:
- You love beautiful code!
- You enjoy small, fast-paced development groups where communication and teamwork are critical.
- You are not afraid to ask questions to guarantee that the project is done right the first time.
- You are willing to work in a variety of development environments, and desire to learn what you need to in order to get the job done.
- You have experience communicating with clients in “layman’s terms,” and understand the role that patient communication plays in a successful project.
- You get joy out of creating elegant solutions to problems with complex constraints and goals.
- You are not stuck in your ways, and can be flexible to accommodate client and internal timelines and budgets.
- Ability to build, update, edit, and maintain websites built on Craft.
- Relevant experience as a web developer either in-house or at an interactive studio.
- Total comfort writing standards-compliant HTML, CSS, JS, etc.
- The ability to recreate Adobe XD or Sketch documents in front-end code that match the designer’s vision.
- A willingness to take ownership of the hosting services that Switch provides.
- A willingness to jump in and fix problems when things inevitably go wrong.
- A willingness to serve as liaison and development manager between Switch and any 3rd-party developers or other specialists that we engage with for large custom sites.
Nice to Have:
- A firm understanding of Vue.
- Experience creating shopping carts (Craft Commerce, Snipcart, etc.).
- Some design background.
- Basic understanding of SEO and Analytics best practices.
- Experience building and customizing Shopify sites.
- A real opportunity to make a difference. You’ll be part of a small, powerful team.
- A stimulating environment with great people who seek genuine collaboration.
- A wide variety of clients and challenges to help you grow as a developer.
- The opportunity to grow your role over time.
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Opportunity to opt-in to Insurance Plans (Medical, Life and Dental)
- Match IRA plans, contributions toward Health Memberships
- Paid Vacation, Sick and PTO
- An introductory statement. Tell us what qualifies you for this position and give us a sense of who you are. Address the above requirements.
- An online portfolio that shows the breadth of your work and ability.
- At least two professional references from prior positions with similar responsibilities.
- A resume.
Please send these items to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thanks.
If you are based in Dallas, our studio follows a hybrid in-studio and remote schedule in which you will be expected to be in the office at least a couple of times weekly for client meetings or internal reviews (or birthday lunches).
Switch is a visual design studio. We ideate, execute and deploy brands across both print and digital mediums for clients across the globe. We believe the best brands happen at the intersection of strategy and beauty, and our honed strategic process and project systems give every client a truly tailored approach to brand development.
Our office is in Dallas, and we work with a core set of strategic partners across the US. small and specialized, allowing us to deliver top-notch, focused and beautiful work while collaborating internally and with our clients throughout our process.